Saturday, January 01, 2005

Starting with the bar set low

My first post for 2005 will be decidedly mediocre, as absolutely nothing of interest wants to strike my little brain right now as I sit in my dad and stepmom's living room listening to dad snowblow the driveway. It's New Year's Day, the cinnamon rolls have been consumed, I'd really like someone to make another pot of coffee but can't be arsed to do it myself, I slept on a totally awful sleeper sofa last night, this house is too damn hot at night, and we're eventually going to trudge through the snow to help littlest stepsister move into a new apartment.

Yep, sounds like a visit to dad's house. It hasn't worked out timing-wise for me to come here around holiday time in, like, 8 years, so this is a new one for me. I left my mom's house in Montana yesterday, did a totally redundant flight through Denver to get to SLC (hey, thanks United--way to make an hour's worth of flying take a whole damn morning), and will be here through Tuesday. My plans to go running here may have just been totally foiled, as SLC decided to get a shitload of snow last night. Ah well, I brought a jumprope.

Ah, duty calls--it's time to dismantle a bed to take to little stepsis's apartment.

Happy New Year, all!

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home