Wednesday, December 15, 2004

No more homicide

It's a good thing the majority of the people who read this are in some sort of professional school, as I don't feel bad for falling deep into finals neglect. Finals is as Finals does....but man, I'll be glad to get on a plane next Thursday and leave it all behind to be graded.

Crim was yesterday, and I can now say I know substantially more about homicide charges and their various defenses than anyone would consider normal in polite society. Unfortunately, now that I know all of that so very well, it's time to move on to Property. Thank heavens for commercial outlines...I mean really. All that faff I had at the beginning of the semester? About not needing commercial study aids? Yeah, fuck that noise. Gilbert is my Property Hero, and Emanuel is my Contracts Captain. I love you guys...don't ever leave me.

After the Crim exam yesterday, J took me flying in a 4-seater plane out of the Ann Arbor Municipal Airport. We were originally supposed to go on my birthday, as a birthday surprise (fly to another airport like Cleveland or Cherry Capitol, get lunch, fly back), but the weather here was crapnasty as all get out. Yesterday, it was cold but beautiful, so we took off after our exams were over and flew north until we hit weather, then came back. It was really, really awesome. Decidedly less scary than I thought it would be....really, hardly at all. A2 is very beautiful on the ground, but even moreso from the sky. It was a truly wonderful birthday surprise.

Back to Mr. Gilbert and his slick Property stylings. Man, what I wouldn't give for a 10-day run of Aderol right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home