Monday, July 26, 2004

Take it from me                              

Those who know me well know that I struggle often with the challenge of having hair that is neither straight nor curly.  Not even wavy.  I guess it’s mostly straight, but with horribly frizzy and somewhat bumpy tendencies.  A few years ago, a coworker gave me a bit of Biosilk to try—and it was awesome.  Sadly, a 6oz bottle retails for about $30, and that comes in direct conflict with my essentially cheap nature. 

Today, then, I am happy to recommend the “Generic” line of products at Sally Beauty Supply.  Their knockoff of Biosilk is $6 for 6oz, and it’s identical to the original.  No joke, go try it.  Not a Biosilk fan?  The Generic label (it’s actually called Generic, hence the capitalization) carries a squillion high-end knockoffs, and if the Biosilk is any indication they’re all pretty good substitutes. 

In addition to today’s positive recommendation, I would also like to make a recommendation against the $8 bottomless mimosas at Farrago’s brunch in Houston.  You have to drink a minimum of 5 to do more than break even (they’re $2 when purchased individually), and it’s surprisingly easy to do.  It sure sounded fun to get all squiffy at 11am, but I was hurting in a big way by 6:30.  Good lord.  However, that brings me to my final recommendation for the day…

When feeling hungover, especially when you keep making calls to Ralph on the big white phone, it’s important to get a little bit of grease in your stomach.  Sounds crazy, but it’s true.  The best vehicle for said grease is a pair of tacos from Jack in the Box.  Just down ‘em, it’ll be the best $1 you’ve spent in a long time. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home