Friday, July 23, 2004

Good things                                  

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts for my mom.  Her surgery was Tuesday (exactly 2 months after the original date, weird) and everything went very well.  I spoke with her doctor that evening and he seemed very positive about the procedure.  She goes back to have it programmed in 5-6 weeks.  Nifty, nifty little device.

There’s only one more week of work left!  Technically, my last day isn’t until the 11th, because I decided to take my remaining vacation days rather than cash them out, but I’ll only pop in for a few hours that day.  That is by no means to say that I’m doing “real” work now…rather, I’m staying entertained and perpetuating the myth that I might be doing something productive by spending gratuitous amounts of time on the resurrected UCB.  As I write this, I’m about 15 posts away from the current post leader…which I’m not sure is an honor.  Ah well, that’s how it goes when you’re winding things down at work.  Especially on a Friday.  A slow Friday. 

 

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It most certainly is an honor!

A winner is me!

Ben

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Salle said...

Ha! I wondered if you'd see this. Nice post-padding on Friday, btw.

Dork :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home