Thursday, May 13, 2004

Whatsa matter, chuckles?

I think I need to call people by their actual names less frequently, and use semi-condescending, generic pet names more. Pally, chief, chuckles, and lollipop are definitely in order. It’s both dismissive and twee, and I kind of like that. If you look at it that way, it’s sort of like being Republican.

Since I’m heading off to be a poor and busy law student in the fall, I’ve decided to let my hair grow out again. The last major chop from long to short was October 18, 2002, so I think it’s about time for a change. The allure of a relatively maintenance-free cut is quite attractive these days as visions of student budgets dance through my head. Plus, I’ve been with my stylist (Christopher) for over four years and I’m not too crazy about trying to find someone with decent short hair skills in A2. When my hair is long, I’ll take a $16 SuperCuts job any day, but a crappy cut when it’s short turns into 6 months of yuck faster than a fat kid can spot the cake in a room.

Do you know those girls who take forever and a day to get themselves from a Pajama State to a Ready To Leave The House State? I’m so confused by that. Maybe it was all the locker room time during my swim team years, but I’ve always been decently efficient at getting ready. Even on my slow, puttering days, I’m no match for some when it comes to distance ready-getting. What is it they do during that time? I mean, I’m pretty sure it involves lotion at some point, but the rest escapes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home