Monday, April 26, 2004

I used leverage as a verb yesterday, and now I feel unclean. Ewwww....how could I?

In the April 20, 2003 list of Things I Don't Like, I discussed my dislike for Eminem and made a few derogatory comments about the nonexistent levels of his genius. The time has come for me to amend such statements. It's not that I particularly like his stuff, but I have a new appreciation for him and his brethren of flow. Recently, I attempted to write my own rap as part of a battle rap mishmash of sorts on the UCB. Whoa, dude, waaaaay harder than it looks. Both the rhymes and the flow were extremely tough to eek out. It took me about an hour to write, like, 25 lines, and they weren't very good. Funny, but not so good. Mr. Mathers, I find your attitude relatively distasteful but marvel at your skill. Sir, my hat is off to you.

It's a cliche and a half, but I will attest once again that sometimes the coolest things happen to you when you aren't looking. I mean, one day you're coming home from a run and accept a last-minute invite to join a group for dinner...and end up meeting someone really and truly awesome. I don't know what I did to deserve the past weekend, but it was off the charts. Thanks, universe, I needed that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home