Monday, May 03, 2004

Life is good.

As I was walking across the parking lot of my apartment complex this morning, having just pulled in and parked after an evening furlough at Pete's house, I was struck by the truly delicious weather. It was somewhere in the upper 50s, sunny, crisp...very fragrant air. Wearing shorts and sneakers without socks, I felt like I was going off to do something active and summery--like hiking, kayaking...something more fun than work. It was wonderful, and put me in a great mood for getting ready.

Not that I'm not already in a wonderful mood. Pete can take most of the credit, for sure. It feels like everything is falling nicely into place for the foreseeable next few chapters in my life. The housing issue for the fall is working itself out neatly, thanks to a few friendly realtors and a willing summer starter with a digital camera. Various and sundry TPR dealings this summer will continue to provide a steady stream of saveable income that will help with the car issue (must sell the truck for something cheaper--need something in the line of a down payment) as well as the other millieu of expenses that are coming my way. Man, this morning I added up in my head how much extra cash I'd have laying around if I hadn't had to pay for school visits, Michigan's deposit, and my mother[sexual intercoursing] taxes. Kind of depressing...much like the depression that set in when I figured out how much I spent on applications. Gah, it's cool to know I was able to pull all of that in with little turmoil, but holy crap I'd have a nice chunk of change sitting around otherwise. Yeesh.

My thumb itches like crazy, and I don't know why.

The aforementioned Thursday kids were, as predicted, a special sort of hell. I have *never* had a group with such legion comprehension problems. Jesus tapdancing Christ...I damn near left during the break. Imagine trying to swim through a river of mud with a pair of unruly rhinos, and that's approximately the level of difficulty I had getting the point across to them. If folks don't understand, hey, that's cool...it's a bit of a conceptual mountain to climb. What really frosts my cookies is when students don't understand, get beligerent about their non-understanding, give up, and tell me the technique can't possibly work. There are definitely times when I want to announce that my ride home is waiting outside, that it's a big huff, and that I think I'll leave in it.