Monday, May 10, 2004

Color me surprised

I was a little surprised by Bush's show of support for Rumsfeld today. Seems pretty ill-advised, since this kind of kills the possibility of spinning a Rumsignation into a free-from-the-poisoned-limb celebration for the Bush camp.

My calendar tells me that as of this Friday I'll have 11 weeks left at work. I know that's starting to count down rather rapidly--and I'm happy about that--but damn if I don't want to quit in June and sit around and do sweet fuckall until school starts instead. During times like these, I lament deeply the decision to get a desktop instead of a laptop the last time they replaced my computer at work. A laptop means working from home, which I would really, really dig. I wonder how well that would work...

Fine. I know it wouldn't work. I am, however, going to attempt to stay on payroll as a consultant during the fall. Not unreasonable, and it might make the fall finances a bit nicer.

6 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to make the first comment ever!

Nice redesign. You've got Andrew Sullivan colors now.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who will work up until the start of law school.

Okay, here's a question. Why do you go by "belasala" and "Salle?" These seem to have nothing to do with your real name. Or do they? Simple anonymity? Anyways.

Ben, aka Petitioner

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Salle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now you're going to have to tell us how you got the sidekick name "Nurse Mayhem," as long as its funny.

Ben

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Rumsignation"?

Gawd! Say it isn't so!

Then again, you *do* come from a family of pun meisters. ;)

Smithsonian

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "how well would that [working from home] work"? Define "work," in both instances. I do it rather frequently and it's awesome. Of course, if you mean "it wouldn't work" in the sense that "you never get anything done and feel like a lazy slob," well... yeah. Pretty much. But it's still awesome.

Rob in Boston (too lazy to sign up)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Salle said...

Tis true, Smithsonian, the LaSalle crew are most definitely The People of Pun. Someday, I will recant the tale that explains why we call my Grandma 'Fayemous Al.'

RiB--I meant I would get exactly nothing done at home. Largely because a big part of my job involves waiting for my boss to come out of his office and announce that he wants a letter thanking the scrub oaks for their leafy presence or some such nonsense.

The Nurse Mayhem story is for another day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home