Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The Lawyers know too much

So says the Carl Sandberg poem I'm supposed to read for Legal Practice today. With one day down, I can say that law school is exceptionally fun so far and I'm incredibly glad to be here. I'll admit, I had a moment or twenty on Monday night where the crazy dial was set at filter-rupturing levels...somehow I was letting my lack of knowledge about the level to which we were expected to be prepared throw me for a loop from here to Cleveland. [for the unaware, there are reading assignments for every class in law school prior to the first day--when you show up to the first class, they expect you to have complete said reading and be ready to talk about it.] I finally stopped myself when I realized that 6 pages of crim notes was probably overkill. Ah well, let's just say I was *tremendously* prepared for that class (and, incidentally, it was my favorite class of the day and I spoke about 5 times).

Today is my section's "long day," as we have all four classes. I don't necessarily agree that it's any longer than our Tuesday or Thursday, as the fourth class (Legal Practice) isn't tacked on at the end of the day but fills 55 minutes in our otherwise extremely long break between Property and Contracts.

Property is incredibly interesting. No comment yet on Contracts--I went to bed last night after having decided that the reading was entirely incomprehensible. When I went back to it this morning, it made more sense, but it still takes a great deal more effort for me to understand than the rest of the reading. So far, it's really the only class where I feel like everything is in another language. What the hell is consideration? I'm not exactly sure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home