Monday, September 27, 2004

Tired minds, scary thoughts

I just remembered a dream I had last night in which I was trying to find a polite way to complement the Republican baby room decorations someone was showing me. It was an entire wallpaper/bedding/toy/furniture scheme that was supposed to be "baby Republican." I remember one thing on the mobile was a tiny, stretchy London Stock Exchange building.

Yeah, I've got nothing to explain this either. Aside from being pretty sure no one makes such a thing (although someone should really get on it, as I'm sure you could make a killing in the suburbs), there isn't any way I'd be in a position to purchase such a thing. Evar. I dated one Republican once, and it was tremendously disturbing. Besides, at present, I couldn't afford a relationship with a non-Dem if I felt like it. Concerned friends will fine me a total of $3 a day from the start of a Republican encounter until the day I graduate from law school (that's $2 to one collector and an additional $1 to another who liked the idea so much she wanted in on the action). Look, $21 a week is just a lot of money for fundamental mismatch of, well, so many things.

In other news, I highly recommend the soundtrack from the movie Garden State. Good stuff. Upon first listen, I was a little disappointed that the version of "Such Great Heights" is different than the one in the preview (Iron and Wine v. Postal Service). After a few listens of both (thanks, iTunes), I'm actually a much bigger fan on the version on the cd. It's very slow, almost like a lullaby (oh! that's what made me remember the baby Republican dream this morning in the first place...it all comes full circle!) and fits really nicely between Simon and Garfunkel's "The Only Living Boy in New York" and Frou Frou's "Let Go" (which is the same version as they used in the teaser trailer).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home